1201 Pennsylvania Avenue
After founding the Washington, D.C. office of Cabot, Cabot & Forbes, Cary Euwer, serving as Regional Partner, began the development of 1201 Pennsylvania Avenue. Completed in 1981, 1201 Pennsylvania Avenue was one of the first state-of-the-art office buildings to be constructed along Pennsylvania Avenue in many years. The project’s exceptional quality and outstanding design helped to re-establish the Avenue, after decades of decay, as a prestigious business address in Washington.
The 420,000 square foot office tower features a landscaped interior atrium extending from the entrance lobby to a skylight on the roof, which provides a central theme to the building and allows for attractive interior offices. Designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, “1201” is sheathed in flame-cut granite and gray solar glass. The project is considered to be one of the premier addresses along the Pennsylvania Avenue corridor. Since its completion, it has been home to Convington & Burling, one of the largest law firms in the city.